Today I am sharing with you a brand new paper rose tutorial! This is the first rose tutorial that I am exclusively using metallic paper cardstock. I absolutely love the shine it gives to a flower.
This new Annabelle rose is a real beauty and I am approaching the building method a little bit different then my other small flowers. In fact, this small rose design follows more a giant paper rose structure.
Below is the list of supplies you will need and a full picture tutorial. Or scroll down and watch the full video!
- 50 lb text weight metallic cardstock. Find some here or here.
- Glue gun
- 18 gauge wire
- Distress ink
- Ink blender
- Wood dowel
- Cricut machine (Explore or Maker) OR use your scissors to cut by hand.
- Annabelle rose templates – Find them here or on Etsy.
- Check out my full paper flower supply list here!
Or check out all the craft and flower freebie files in my resource library here!
- To get started cut out 8 petal layers.
- You can also distress the edges of the rose with some pink or red ink to add some extra dimension and color. This is optional of course.
- Fold 2 of the 5 petal points around each other so that they are hugging and secure with glue.
- Fold up the remaining 3 and secure with glue also.
- For the rest of the 7 petal layers you need to curl all the petal points inwards with your wood dowel.
6. Place the first bud center on top of one of the curled petal layers with the curl side down. Glue it to the center.
7. Repeat the steps by folding each point up and securing with glue. Try to pinch the paper a bit to leave some space between the folds.
8. At this point you should have repeated this once more and have used 3 of your 8 petal layers.
9. Using your 18 gauge wire, fashion a small circle at the top.
10. Glue this circle to the base of the rose bud as shown. Be generous with your glue and hold till dry.
11. For the 4 of the 5 last petals thread them up the wire and secure with a bit of glue on the underside of the flower by punching a hole through the center with your wire. Make sure your curled side is up
12. When you get to the 8th petal layer thread it up the stem so that the curl side is now facing down and secure with glue.
13. If desired, glue some greenery to the underside as well.
14. Enjoy your roses! Be sure to watch the full video tutorial below to see how it is all done step by step!
I believe the more creativity you use the more you have! My designs are created with simplicity, color and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies!
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.
Annabelle Video Tutorial
More Crafts to Love
- Cricut Infusible Ink Tutorial: Plus how to layer HTV with Infusible Ink
- 3D Paper Ice Cream Template Craft: DIY Ice Cream Favor SVG
- DIY Paper Box Template – Treat and Favor Gift Box Craft
- Cricut Tutorials for Beginners: Free 3 Day Cricut Boot Camp
- The Best Amazon Finds for Crafters – Everyday Deals and Prime Day