Crisp Blue Paper Hydrangeas
These new DIY paper hydrangea flowers are the essence of beauty. Hydrangeas are definitely a favorite, especially since cool crisp blues are one of my most beloved colors.
I love how full and lush hydrangeas always look – as if they are the flower that always has it all together! In all honesty, I was dreading this craft for a long time. Even though the method of creation is very straight forward, I knew it would take some patience to assemble.
Here is a full list of my supplies and resources that I used to create these charming beauties.
Supplies for DIY Hydrangea Paper Flowers
- 50 lb text weight metallic cardstock. Find some here or here.
- Glue gun
- 18 gauge wire
- Half foam ball ( I use a 5 inch ball here but you can ultimate choose any size. You will just need to cut more or less petals accordingly).
- Tissue paper (to cover the foam ball)
- Corsage tape
- Cricut machine (Explore or Maker) OR use your scissors to cut by hand with the printable PDF files. New to Cricut? Join my free Cricut workshop!
- Hydrangea template – Find them here or on Etsy.
- Optional: Paper Blooms Shaping Mat and Tool Set – This is a product I created especially to help with small paper flowers!
There are tons of flower templates both large and small waiting in the shop but I also have a freebie vault! Want to see what’s inside the freebie vault? I’ve got free flower templates, SVGs, printables and more!
If you are ready to see how to build these gorgeous DIY paper hydrangea flowers for yourself grab your templates and scroll down to watch the full step by step video tutorial!
You can easily choose from the printable PDF files for those who wish to hand cut with scissors (although I HIGHLY recommend a cutting machine for this project) or you can upload the SVG cut file to your Cricut or Silhouette machine! (Curious if a Cricut machine is right for you? Click here to find out!)
Ready to make these full bloom hydrangeas? Hit play on the video below!
DIY Paper Hydrangea Flowers: Video Tutorial
About Abbi Kirsten Collections
I have spent the last 9+ years building my creative skills and sharing them with others. My flower designs are created with simplicity, color and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies or visit my signature design shop here!
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.
More Crafts to Love
- How to Layer Iron-On Vinyl on a Shirt with Cricut – Step by Step Tutorial
- How to Make an Explosion Stacking Tower Gift Box – Free Templates and Tutorial
- How to Make Easy Felt Roses with Free SVG Files and PDF Printable Templates
- DIY Valentine’s Day Box Ideas – Free Unicorn and Dinosaur Templates
- Free Valentine’s Printables for Kids – Puppy Dog Coloring Cards