DIY Pumpkin Decor with Metallic Textured Vinyl
Every year I add new Fall pumpkin decor projects to the blog. Usually I capture some bright colors in a fun or unusual way like last week’s Paint Dump Marble Pumpkins. But for this tutorial I wanted to go more classic and elegant.
I’ve been pondering how to use some of this gorgeous textured metallic vinyl by Cricut for a while, and knew that it would be perfect for some fall home decor. After designing new Fall SVG cut files, I decided to place the phases and autumn leaf designs onto some white faux pumpkins!
Below is a full guide to the exact supplies I used to make these elegant pumpkins for your home and how to craft them.
Fall Pumpkin Decorating Supplies
- Cricut metallic textured vinyl (grab it here or some craft stores may carry it)
- Faux pumpkins (find them at crafts store, I found mine at Michael’s, or here online)
- Cricut machine (Maker or Explore will work)
- Weeding tools
- Transfer tape
- A place to display your pumpkins proudly!
Download Your Free Fall Word and Leaf SVG Files Here
Before we can get to assembling you need your SVG cut files! Of course you can use any SVG files for this project but I have several here that are free to help you along!
In addition to autumn leaves I am providing free Fall phrases written in calligraphy to use on your pumpkins!
If you want to download what you see above for FREE join the community via the teal button above. You will find them in the Holiday section of the Freebie Vault. Already a subscriber? Click here to enter the password you were given when you signed up to download now.
Need help accessing freebies? Read this article here for a step by step guide!
Elegant Fall Pumpkin Decor Directions
- Gather your supplies and wipe down your pumpkins with a damp cloth, then let dry. This just ensures your vinyl will stick well.
- Cut out your design of choice (remember to download your freebies above!)
- Cut your vinyl out. Make sure to measure your pumpkins and scale accordingly. For the leaves, vary the sizes so it looks natural.
- Weed your vinyl (tip: use a nail polish holder to collect your weeded pieces of vinyl and control the mess. See my image below!)
- Lift the design with transfer tape after burnishing it with the scraper tool
- Place onto your pumpkins. Use the scraper tool to help the vinyl adjust to the curves.
- Display your pumpkins!
About Abbi Kirsten
My mission is to inspire you to nurture the creative magic inside your soul – bringing you fun, easy to learn DIY projects, and quality template designs. I share a variety of projects, holiday decor and you will definitely notice my love paper crafting and paper flowers – all tied up in a sweep of cheerful color.
Interested in paper flowers?! I’ve created dozens of signature designs for you to enjoy – starting with my best seller, The Art of Giant Paper Flowers, the Giant Flower Library and my shop of endless paper designs and flower templates.
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Elite Crafters and Cricut Lovers.
More Crafty Posts!
- How to Make an Explosion Stacking Tower Gift Box – Free Templates and Tutorial
- How to Make Easy Felt Roses with Free SVG Files and PDF Printable Templates
- DIY Valentine’s Day Box Ideas – Free Unicorn and Dinosaur Templates
- Free Valentine’s Printables for Kids – Puppy Dog Coloring Cards
- DIY Paper Flower Kiss Candy Valentines Craft – Free Printable Flower Templates and SVG Cut Files