The joy of the holidays brings no shortage of crafts. Paper poinsettias, (including giant poinsettias!) star lanterns, and all types of holiday crafts here on the blog. But of course, we needed to add DIY paper mistletoe craft to our collection!
Today I will show you a simple way to build a DIY mistletoe kissing ball that can hang anywhere in your home for the holidays! What’s better? The templates are free for you! Real mistletoe can be dangerous for pets, wilts, and only lasts one year, or could stir up allergies for some, so making easy Christmas paper crafts such as DIY mistletoe is ideal.
- 50-pound metallic cardstock
- Cutting machine – I recommend Cricut – find out why here!
- Glue gun
- Foam craft egg or use a large plastic Easter egg
- Mistletoe templates (FREE inside the Freebie Vault. Scroll down to access)
- Green tissue paper
- Someone to kiss – fur babies count!
This DIY paper mistletoe craft is not only super easy but also a fabulous alternative to the real thing, which will last year after year. Next week I am going to show you how to use this same Christmas-style greenery with a poinsettia table arrangement – made with my new Snowy and Mistletoe Poinsettia Flowers!
Download the Free DIY Paper Mistletoe Templates
Download these free paper mistletoe templates by signing up via the form below. If you are already a member, log in right here and find it by searching ‘mistletoe’ or Design #69. Need help entering the vault? Read this helpful post here.
DIY Paper Mistletoe Video & Picture Tutorial
Once you’ve gathered your supplies hit play on the step-by-step video below to see how to make your own Christmas paper mistletoe craft!
For your convenience, I have also included a quick glance step-by-step picture tutorial!
- Wrap your foam egg in green tissue paper using your glue gun
- Start with your largest Christmas mistletoe greenery and glue it over the top of the egg, letting it fall down the sides.
- Continue to place greenery piece by piece until the mistletoe fills out.
- Add in your berry sprigs last, so they stand out.
- Twist a 3-inch piece of wire into a loop. Shove it into the top of the egg with a bit of glue to secure it.
- Finish off your DIY paper mistletoe craft with a red ribbon and hang it up!
About Abbi Kirsten Collections
I have spent the last 9+ years building my creative skills and sharing them with others. My flower designs are created with simplicity, color, and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet, be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies or visit my signature design shop here!
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.