The joy of the holidays brings no shortage of crafts! Thanksgiving is near, and I decided to create these adorable cherry, pecan & pumpkin pie craft templates perfect for treat favor boxes and dessert take-home containers.
The pie box templates are completely free for you below. These templates can be used with or without a cutting machine. For cutting machine users scroll down to see how I set up my scorelines in Design Space.
- 65-100 pound cardstock (go heavier if you plan to put a real dessert in the box)
- Cutting machine (or printer for the PDF files) – I recommend Cricut cutting machine – find out why here!
- Scissors if cutting by hand
- Glue gun or Tombow liquid glue
- Pie templates (FREE inside the Freebie Vault. Scroll down to access)
Ideas for Pie Box Craft
- Centerpiece – I made an entire pie dish full which will double as a table decoration and treat boxes for guests to take home!
- Treat filled take-home favor boxes
- Dessert to-go
Design Space Set Up
For those bringing in the templates to Design Space, I want you to know how to change the score lines properly.
Changing Score Lines
When you bring in the pie box templates there will be solid black lines over the box, crust, and whip cream piece. Each of these lines needs to be selected (after you have ungrouped at the top right side) and change to score lines.
- Upload pie box templates – see how to upload an SVG file here.
- Scale the entire grouping to your preferred size. Do not scale each piece separately or the proportions will be off.
- Ungroup the file by using the Ungroup button at the top right side
- Select each of the black lines.
- Use the Linetype to the top left to change the solid black lines to SCORE
- Select each scoreline with its corresponding piece and use the ATTACH button at the bottom right to hold the scorelines in place.
- New to Cricut? Join my FREE Cricut Workshop for Beginners!
Pie Box Video Tutorial
Once you’ve gathered your supplies hit play below to see how easy it is to create these adorable pie boxes! Scroll down below the video for the templates!
Download the Cherry, Pecan & Pumpkin Pie Craft Templates
If you are already a member, then login right here and find it in the Holiday section design #31.
About Abbi Kirsten Collections
I have spent the last 9+ years building my creative skills and sharing them with others. My flower designs are created with simplicity, color and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet, be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies or visit my signature design shop here!
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.
More Holiday Joy to Love
- Full Bloom Garden Stemmed Paper Rose Tutorial
- How to Use Cricut Smart Vinyl Materials – Cricut Maker 3 and Explore 3 Smart Vinyl Tutorial
- Making Crepe Paper Flowers – The Secrets to Creating Stunning Blooms
- 25 Sanity Saving Craft Vinyl Hacks Every Cutting Machine Crafter Should Know
- 19 Summer Crafts and Activities to Keep Kids Busy