1. Use a straight cutter to avoid waste: One of the best ways to avoid vinyl waste is to cut your design on the sheet of vinyl first then cut the excess off with a straight cutter.
2. Weeding berry tool: Use a weeding berry! This trendy idea first started when a clever crafter suggested using a nail polish holder as a means of collecting scraps when weeding.
3. Use a window or Brightpad for weeding: Some folks enjoy weeding and find it therapeutic, and then there is the rest of us who don’t. The biggest reason is usually that weeding can be a challenge to see.
4. Tabletop trash can: Weeding berries are great for tiny pieces but what about the larger ones? Sure, you can just opt for a general trash can or you can go for a cute tabletop trash can to collect your craft vinyl waste and keep your space tidy! Of course, I decorated mine!
5. Burnish your vinyl correctly: Most people burnish the front of their vinyl and stop there (burnish is a fancy turn for rubbing your design with the intent to transfer it).