Orchids in nature are challenging to keep up with, so I am delighted to share this paper orchid tutorial.
– Cricut – 65-pound cardstock paper – Paper-covered wire – Thin floral wire – Floral tape – Cricut light blue mat – Glue gun – Wood dowel – Distress ink and Ink sponges
1. Cut the paper orchids using my Cricut templates. If you don’t own a Cricut cutting machine, you can use scissors. To enhance the look of your paper orchids, use some distressed pigment ink.
2. Shape the paper flower petals by gently creasing down the center, then curl backward using the dowel rod. Do this for all petals.
3. To assemble the paper orchid flowers, use your glue gun to place a dot of glue in the center of the 3 point petal, and place the 2 point petal on top, right in the center.
4. Glue the floral wire tip at the flower’s center. We will assemble the orchid’s center right on top of this wire tip. Make sure the wire is secure.