I’ve always loved how bright and elegant orchids are! Orchids in nature are challenging to keep up with, so I am delighted to share this paper orchid tutorial in collaboration with Michaels Craft Stores.
I crafted these beauties from pink and purple cardstock with the help of my Cricut Maker machine! Abbi Kirsten Community attracts many crafters from beginners to pros. For those newer to creating paper crafts visit my full paper flower supply list and my expert collection of frequently asked questions which will have you make wow-worthy flowers in no time!
My Cricut is always the powerhouse of my crafting success. Michaels Craft Store is my favorite place to shop for supplies – I’m there almost every week! If you don’t have Michaels near you or do not wish to go out then just use my links below to ship the supplies right to you!
DIY Paper Orchid Flowers
This paper orchid tutorial is beginner-friendly, and as a special treat, I am providing the templates as a freebie – download below! Love paper flowers as much as I do? Download my The Joy of Paper Flowers ebook and template bundle, which has more than 24 flower templates, leaves, and centers. I even walk you through styling a paper flower bouquet and orchid arrangements.
Paper Orchid Video Tutorial (Long)
For more explanation please watch the video below on my Youtube channel.
Let’s review the supplies for this paper orchid craft project.
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore plus Cricut tools (if you do not have a cutting machine I have PDF printables so you can still enjoy this lovely flower!) Interested in a Cricut? Read why I love mine here!
- 65-pound cardstock paper – I used purple paper, pink paper, and green paper.
- Paper-covered wire (used as the center stem)
- Thin floral wire (used for each orchid bloom)
- Floral tape (helps attached the blooms to the thick floral stem)
- Cricut light blue mat
- Glue gun
- Wood dowel
- Distress ink and Ink sponges (use distress ink and sponges to add color variation to the orchid. This is optional.)
- Orchid templates (download below!)
DOWNLOAD ORCHID TEMPLATES
Download these free orchid paper flower templates in SVG cut files and PDF printable format by signing up below – then check your email to set your free account password. If you are already a member, then log into your account right here and find it in the Small Paper Flower section or type in the search bar DESIGN #21 – then voila! You have your freebie!
Paper Orchid Tutorial
Below is a picture tutorial of the orchid creation process. Be sure to scroll up to watch the full video and learn how to make paper orchids for yourself!
More Crafts to Love
- No-Sew Top Knot Headband Tutorial – Free Headband Pattern
- DIY Paper Butterfly Wreath for Spring
- Buttercup Paper Flower Tutorial – Easy Small Paper Flowers to Make
- 3 Genius Craft Projects To Make With Wrapping Paper
- How to Make a Cascading Paper Flowers Bouquet
About Abbi Kirsten Collections
I have spent the last 10+ years building my creative skills and sharing them with others. My flower designs are created with simplicity, color, and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet, be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies or visit my signature design shop here!
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.