“My mission at Abbi Kirsten Collections is to nurture the creative magic inside your soul by bringing you fun, easy to learn DIY projects and quality template designs. I also have a heart for helping other Creatives succeed in their niches”
Hi ya’ll! I’m Abbi!
Just like you, mastering how to wear a million hats everyday is my special skill! I’m a blogger, author and flower designer.
It doesn’t stop there. I’m a wife, mama, daughter, sister, entrepreneur and a child of a merciful and faithful God.
I started my small shop still known as Catching Colorflies in 2014 because I realized I needed to find myself outside of Motherhood and Wifehood. As far back as I can remember I have enjoyed crafting. I had no idea that when I curled my first paper petal in 2010 that it would lead me to where I am today. Believe it or not, my talents haven’t always come easy to me but rather through hard work, which continually forces me discover creativity within myself I never knew existed.
If you are a new visitor here, I am so happy that you have stopped by. I really want my followers and readers to feel like they know me. Here is a few fun facts about me!
– I’m a 27 year old mother to two toddlers, Wyatt (5) and Christabella (4). Just 14 barely months apart! And no, that was certainly not planned but it was an unexpected blessing from God in hind sight.
– I was born and raised in Florida. Up until my husband, Michael, and I moved to Mississippi for 2 years for a job; I had never lived anywhere else. We are now home in sunny Florida to stay!
– My husband, Michael, and I have been married for 8 years.
– I’m an introvert. Quiet time is my BFF.
– I’ve run dozens of 5k, 10k, and 15k races. I have also run the Disney marathon and half marathon as well. (A marathon is 26.2 miles!)
– Though I am juggling a hundred things a day, I love what I do and in my spare time (….what’s that??) I play with my kiddos, bake, love to exercise, and watch reruns of Friends and Golden Girl’s.
This site isn’t just about me but about helping you find the joy of creativity in yourself. Creativity has a healing and peaceful power that I hope you will find and enjoy in the projects I share.
Can I share your content?
Everything here on Abbi Kirsten Collections is original, so I do ask that the posts are never published in their entirety. You many link a photo back to the original post if you are building a round up of ideas! Crediting any sources is just good blog etiquette!
Where have you been featured?
Lots of places but I am very proud that I recently worked with HGTV magazine for a photo shoot! Check out the other places you can spot me in the press here!
That’s easy! You can stay connected with me and received all my freebies by signing up here!
What supplies do you use? Where can I buy them?!
I get this question all the time! If you want my “get your craft on” supply list, click here. These are all my tried and true go to resources!
Want to say hello or discuss a collaboration?!
Welcome to my home
Take a peak inside our newly renovated home and see exclusive before and after photos!
Shop my supply list
View my tried and true supply list for paper crafting and creating your own paper flowers.
Creative Biz Smarts
You can learn to create a job you love. Join other creative smarties!