I strongly urge you never to buy mats at craft stores unless they are running a big sale which can happen at times. Amazon will give you huge savings on Cricut mats!
- Standard grip mats – Most commonly used mat. When in doubt go with this mat.
- Light grip mats – Best for delicate materials, but also the least commonly used mat and often loses its tackiness very quickly.
- Fabric grip mats – Best for any fabric bonded or non-bonded.
- Strong grip mats – Thicker and heavy materials hold best on a strong grip mat.
- Fine point blade: This comes with the Cricut Explore and Maker machines. When you need replacement blades to order them here or find them at most crafts stores like Michael’s or Hobby Lobby.
- Deep Cut Blade: Find the deep cut blade and housing here or replacement blades here.
- Fabric Cut Blade: Find the fabric blade and housing here. Replacement blades currently not available.
- Knife Blade: Find the knife blade and housing here or replacement blades here.
- Scoring Wheel: Find the scoring wheel and housing here.
- Rotary Blade – The rotary blade and housing comes with the Maker machine and you can find replacement blades here.
- QuickSwap tips: In June 2019 Cricut released 4 new tips for the Cricut Maker machine including a perforation tool, wavy edge tool, deboss tool, and engraving tool!
Cricut Tool Set: the scraper is very valuable here because you can use it to clean your mat off or help burnish materials (a fancy word for rubbing materials onto the mat) and it does come with a couple weeding tools. If you just want the scraper only find that here.
Easy Press: The Easy Press can be a great help if you plan to do a lot of iron-on vinyl work. The temperatures are most consistent to work with and have a less chance of ruining a design. Cricut offers 3 sizes
Easy Press Mat: Cricut offers their own mat, which I personally love but there are less expensive options like this mat here. You will need a heat-safe surface for this, so at the very least use an ironing board.
Self-healing Cut Mat: Self-healing mats are very helpful when it comes to protecting the surface beneath your project.
If you ever plan to travel with your machine or press, proper protection is important.