Easy Valentine’s Craft: How to Make Candy Filled Hearts
This Valentine’s Day give the gift of an easy Valentine’s craft with a touch of sweetness!
Whether you are passing these out to co-workers, friends, Galentine’s or helping our kids put together something unique for their classes, I always believe in sharing some love.
So far during this season of love (and organization) I have shown you these doxie pillow candy boxes, my woodland candy huggers, my heart and arrow gift tags and our easy printable monster Valentines.
For my last craft of this season’s loving trends, I am sharing these Candy Filled Hearts as an easy Valentine’s craft! Pass these out to anyone but I think your gal pals will especially appreciate the chocolatey treat!
You can grab this free template in the subscriber library when sign up below! This template will work with a cutting machine like Cricut or you can use the printable PDF files!
- 65 pound cardstock
- Glitter cardstock
- Templates (find them for free in the subscriber library. Sign up above or below).
- Glue gun (I love this one)
- Adhesive permanent photo tape
- Scissors or Cricut
Below is an overview of the easy step to assemble this or watch the full video below!
- Cut out your templates. You will have 2 hearts and 1 heart frame cut out. Your base should be of 65 pound cardstock. The second heart cut out should be of cellophane. And the framed heart cut out should be of the glitter cardstock or you could use regular cardstock again. Note: If you are using a cutting machine make sure to set the lightest setting (ex. vinyl) when cutting the cellophane out).
- Glue the cellophane to the backside of the heart frame cut out.
- With your last heart piece, which will be holding the candy, cut a 1 1/2 inch slit at the bottom and generously overlap to create the 3D bowl effect.
- Use the runner photo tape around the out edge of the heart’s bottom.
- Place a small handful of candy inside and seal the edges together pressing firmly to secure.
- Enjoy! Go ahead and take a look at the video below for clarification! 🙂
Candy Heart Video Tutorial
I believe the more creativity you use the more you have! My designs are created with simplicity, color and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies!
- 28 Cricut/Design Space Hacks That Beginners Should Know
- Personalized Cookies for Santa Tray: Cookies for Santa Tray Free SVG Cut File
- Personalized Velvet Bow with Cricut Easypress Mini: Unique Gift Wrapping Ideas for Christmas
- DIY Christmas Cards with Free Card SVG Cut Files
- DIY Glitter Ornaments: The Easy Way to Make Your Own Custom Ornaments