I don’t know about you, but there have been many times I wish I could use a Sharpie or Bic marker with my Cricut machine.
So what if I told you there was a stupid simple easy way to make almost ANY pen work with your Cricut?!
Are you doing your happy dance?
Well, if you aren’t yet, you will by the end of this post. Not only am I going to give you the full tutorial on how to use non-Cricut brand pens
(video at the end of this post) but also a large list of both non-Cricut and the best Cricut brand pens to use with your machine!
Brand new to the world of Cricut? Be sure to check out my Cricut resource section on the blog!
This post contains affiliate links.
How to use any pen with your Cricut machine
So are you ready for the secret sauce? Here it is…
THIS pen adapter set will transform your world of pens for Cricut use. For those of you who may not know, inside of clamp A on your Cricut machine you have a pen adapter. And this adapter is actually removable!
That means you can change out the Cricut adapter for new ones that will hold a variety of different brand pens.
The best part? Even if one of the adapters is labeled “BIC markers” to use with BIC pens, that doesn’t mean there may not be other brand pens that work with that adapter!
I discovered that my Tombow duel brush pens work with the Uni-ball Signo adapter. Can you say, hello flawless brush calligraphy?!
Best Cricut Pens to Use
Non-Cricut Pens (you will need this pen adapter set here)
- Sharpie Fine Point (Regular, Metallic & Neon)
- Sharpie Ultra Fine Point
- Sharpie Pen Art Pen
- Pilot Precise (V5 & V7)
- Bic Marking (Fine & Ultra Fine)
- Bic Cristal
- Sakura Gelly Roll
- Amaza Gel Pens
- Sharpie Oil-Based Paint (fine and extra fine)
- Uni-ball Signo UM-153
- Tombow Brush Pens (use with Uni-ball adapter)
—- Crayola —-
Cricut Brand Pens
- Cricut Ultimate Fine-point pen set
- Cricut Black pen set
- Cricut Glitter Gel pen set
- Cricut Peacock pen set
- Cricut Calligraphy Black pen set
- Cricut Candy Shop pen set
How excited are you to try new pens out with your Cricut machine?! Tell me below in the comments and be sure to watch the video below on how to change the pen adapter on your machine!
Changing Your Cricut Pen Adapter
New to Cricut?
Are you ready to Master your Cricut, discover new hobbies and skills, and design for yourself?! Be sure to join my FREE masterclass on the 3 biggest beginner Cricut crafter misconceptions and how to fix them!
This masterclass is for you if you…
…own a Cricut machine but feel like you have no clue what you are doing!
…wish you could design your own project files.
…are tired of searching Pinterest and Google for answers
…craft several times a week, and want to personalize your crafts, home or event decor or maybe even want to sell your crafts!
Latest Crafty Goodness!
- How to Use Offset in Cricut Design Space to Create Layers and Shadows!
- Cricut Design Space Update March 2021 – Upload Unlimited Number of Images Even with the New Change!
- Cricut Design Space Help for Beginners – How to Download and Use Design Space
- How to Layer Iron-On Vinyl on a Shirt with Cricut – Step by Step Tutorial
- How to Make an Explosion Stacking Tower Gift Box – Free Templates and Tutorial
Want Access to My Craft Freebies? Join the Subscriber Community!