Recently I shared an easy way to dress up your faux pumpkins for Fall and Thanksgiving decor. I fell in love with this textured metallic vinyl. It made me think about different ways to use this vinyl for DIY fall table decorations – and I came up with these stunning candle wraps!
Everyone loves the delightful smell of warm spice candles or vanilla aromas. However, sometimes candles don’t always look as pretty as we like or match our current fall table decorations. Using candle wraps is a super-easy way to add custom elegance to your table or home for the Holidays.
If you prefer to go scent-free just opt for these fantastic LED candles!
- Cricut (Explore or Maker)
- Adhesive Vinyl (I love this textured metallic and gold glitter vinyl)
- Weeding tools
- Transfer tape
- White vellum
- Double-sided tape
- LED candles or real candles (these are my personal favorite!)
- Fall candle templates – these are totally and completely FREE inside the Freebie Vault. If you are not yet a member just sign up via the teal button below. If you are a member, then login right here. Remember to use the password you were given in the first email. Need help entering the vault? Read this helpful post here.
These six FREE SVG cut files load quickly and easily in Design Space. I chose to design a couple of Fall leaf wraps, pumpkin wraps, a berry vine and my favorite, a sunflower design candle wrap.
These take a little bit of patience to weed but are totally worth it! All in all, these designs only took me about 3 hours to weed. Not too bad, and you can use them year after year!
DIY Fall Candle Wrap Directions
First, you need to measure your candle circumference. Everyone’s candles will probably vary. Remember to use that handy unlock button at the bottom left of your image in Design space to scale proportionally.
- Cut your design out on vinyl. Use the appropriate custom setting. I used the textured metallic vinyl setting and changed the default pressure to ‘more’ for a cleaner cut.
- Cut a piece of white vellum to match the size of your candle wrap. You will be overlaying the vinyl onto the vellum. Use the shapes tool in design space to create a rectangle cut out of vellum. Use that unlock button to change proportions.
- Weed your design. This is the longest part of the whole process. Each candle wrap took me about 30 solid minutes to weed.
- Once your design has been weeded, cut a piece of transfer tape and burnish the vinyl onto the tape (I use the Cricut scraper for burnishing). Lift the design carefully.
- With vinyl design on the transfer-tape lay it sticky side up.
- Line up your vellum rectangle cut out on top of the vinyl design.
- Turn the whole thing over (non-sticky side up) and burnish well.
- Carefully remove the vinyl and vellum wrap from your transfer tape.
- Wrap your candles in your finished design and secure it with double-sided tape.
I was super happy with the way these turned out! I’d love to hear your thoughts below too! Be sure to grab these in the FREEBIE Vault and share how yours turn out with me!
More Crafts to Love
- CRICUT MAKER, EXPLORE & JOY GIVEAWAY!
- DIY Giant Amaryllis Paper Flowers – Templates and Tutorial
- How to Make Paper Flowers with Cricut – Tips for Cutting Machine Users
- Paper Cactus Tutorial and Templates – 3D Paper Cactus Craft
- Shaker Cake Topper Tutorial
About Abbi Kirsten
My mission is to inspire you to nurture the creative magic inside your soul – bringing you fun, easy to learn DIY projects, and quality template designs. I share a variety of projects, holiday decor and you will definitely notice my love paper crafting and paper flowers – all tied up in a sweep of cheerful color.
Interested in paper flowers?! I’ve created dozens of signature designs for you to enjoy – starting with my bestseller, The Art of Giant Paper Flowers, the Giant Flower Library and my shop of endless paper designs and flower templates.
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Elite Crafters and Cricut Lovers.