Many of us search for the perfect Christmas gifts for our loved ones and friends. We often try to strike the balance of thoughtful and cost-effective. Well, easy DIY Christmas gifts are my mantra this year and these DIY Christmas Hallmark throw blankets are the perfect last-minute gift for anyone who loves to make their presents!
Free Christmas SVG cut files
I have designed these fun Christmas SVG phrases perfect for placing on a blanket for yourself to snuggle up to a marathon of Hallmark movies or gift a fellow movie fanatic. Here are the phrases I include in the free SVG files.
- “This Is My Hallmark Movie-Watching Christmas Blanket”
- “This Is My Hallmark Christmas Movie Watching Blanket” (just in case you prefer Christmas before movie rather than blanket. Either works).
- “Baby it’s Cold Outside.”
Download your free files via the form button below
Download these free Christmas throw blanket SVG designs by signing up via the form below. If you are already a member, log in right here and find it by searching ‘blanket.’ Need help entering the vault? Read this helpful post here.
These SVG files could be used to iron on to any number of gifts but I love the idea of gifting a blanket because everybody needs a little extra warmth during the cool months, plus you don’t have to worry about getting sizing right. This idea can be used year after year for easy DIY Christmas gifts for new friends!
If you need some gift tags to finish your gift off, check out my list of 22 Free Christmas Gift Tag Printables!
Hallmark movies are running 24/7 now so of course, I had to test the blanket out! The below picture is me on the couch watching the Hallmark channel, which is totally fitting right?
I used white iron-on vinyl with gold glitter because this stood out well on my blanket. You will want to change the colors of your vinyl to fit your color scheme to make sure the words can be read well.
In the picture below you see my new crepe paper poinsettia peaking out! If you want to make them for yourself download the free template here!
Here are the supplies I used to create this easy DIY Christmas gift:
- Blankets (choose a color(s) you know your recipient loves. I’m kinda obsessing over these buffalo print blankets.
- Iron-on vinyl – I love to use gold, red, green, silver, and blue glitter vinyls!
- Easy press or Easy press mini
- Cricut machine
Christmas Throw Blanket Video Tutorial
Since these turned out so wonderful as easy DIY Christmas gifts I went on a handmade gift crafting spree and made a few more easy DIY presents and can’t wait to gift them to my family! Watch how I made the Hallmark Christmas Throw Blanket in the video below plus several other last-minute easy handmade Christmas gifts!
Want a little something for yourself to a list to pass to your family? Check out my Gift Guide for Crafters here!
More Crafts to Love!
- How to Fill in Writing and Drawings with Cricut – No More Bubble Letters or Outlines!
- Paper Dahlia Tutorial: How to Make Giant Paper Dahlias
- Making Stencils with Cricut: Stencil Vinyl or Reusable, Which is Better?
- 12 Cricut Joy Accessories and Materials You Need
- How To Use Smart Vinyl And Iron-On With The Cricut Joy Machine
About Abbi Kirsten Collections
I have spent the last 9+ years building my creative skills and sharing them with others. My flower designs are created with simplicity, color and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet, be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies or visit my signature design shop here!
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.