Easy Paper Flower Backdrop Assembly
This post may contain affiliate links that won’t change your price but will share some commission.
- Cardboard project board (found at craft store or office supply stores. I’m using a 3×4 ft one but I believe there are some bigger options if you want to go for a larger look)
- Pink spray paint ( or your preferred color). You can leave the board white if you like it that way or if you are planning to completely cover it in flowers, which would be way cool!
- Fabric strips (optional) in a variety of textures. I used some lace ribbon, tulle, pearl strands, and cut up fabric pieces for my backdrop.
- Paper flowers as many or as little as you want I started out with 3 large, 3 medium and 4 small. (you can download templates & tutorials to make paper flowers here)
- Silk Flowers like hydrangeas (this is optional, but I decided to use some silk flowers as filters for spaces between my paper flowers
- Glue Gun
Start gluing on your fabric strips. Again try to make sure you cut them long enough to have the top glued to the back side and hanging all the way down the front.
This is where the silk flowers come in handy. Begin to fill in some of the spaces with your silk flowers and smaller paper flowers, like the Scarlet rose.
If you enjoyed this please share!
Share what you’ve been up to by using #DIYwithAbbi. I would love to see your creativity in the works so flaunt your flower power magic! You are a huge source of my inspiration!
My mission is to inspire you to nurture the creative magic inside your soul – bringing you fun, easy to learn DIY projects, and quality template designs. Interested in more flower tutorials?! I’ve created dozens of signature designs for you to enjoy – starting with my best seller, The Art of Giant Paper Flowers, the Giant Flower Library and my shop of endless paper designs and flower templates.
Feeling overwhelmed? Start here with my tried and true Resource List!
Thanks for letting me pop into your day!