Easter is a fun time to get crafty! And after you all went crazy for my Valentine’s candy hearts, I decided to create 3D Paper Easter Eggs with Free Easter Egg SVG Files!
I was already up the Easter craft ally a couple weeks back with my DIY Bunny Shadow box tutorial.
The best part? All 6 of my Easter egg designs are completely free in the holiday section of the craft resource library AND you can fill these with candy, confetti or a small toy for a unique Easter gift! Or add them to your own personalized Easter bucket.
At the bottom of this post you will find a step by step video tutorial to see just how easy it is to put these adorable free Easter egg SVG files together.
Here are the supplies you will want for this craft:
- Paper and More65 pound cardstock
- Cricut cutting machine
- Glue gun
- Clear photo runner tape
- Candy, confetti or small toy (optional)
- Templates (download via the teal button below!)
Download these free templates by signing up via the teal button below. If you are already a member, then login right here and find it in the Holiday section. Remember to use the password you were given in the first email. Need help entering the vault? Read this helpful post here.
Directions (see video below for full details)
- Cut out your Easter eggs. I scaled mine to fill an 8.5 x 11 page. You can also do 12 x 12 paper.
- Fold all the tabs inwards and the egg shapes upwards.
- Work with only one side at a time and glue the tabs to one of the egg’s inner side.
- Place your candy etc. inside the egg then seal it with glue on the opposite side.
- Place your decorative overlay on the top of your egg.
Access templates here:
- Cricut Design Space Software Updates: What You Need To Know
- 18 Cricut Birthday Card Ideas To Make: Free SVG Cut Files
- What’s the Difference Between Weld, Attach, and Group? Cricut Design Space Tutorial
- DIY Rolled Paper Flower Shadow Box With Cricut: Free Rosette Template
- Free BBQ Grill Patio Sign SVG File
I believe the more creativity you use the more you have! My designs are created with simplicity, color and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies!