Springtime projects are always fun. Every year in my family we always let the kids pick out their Easter baskets or buckets.
This year I thought it would be fun to create our own with custom designs and of course I will be sharing this design tutorial with you!
This bunny bucket tutorial is super quick and easy – perfect for beginners working with vinyl.
Today I am also giving you free Easter bunny svg files when you join my community!
Below you will find a break down of supplies I used and step by step directions. Be sure to scroll down and watch the full length video tutorial to see exactly how I put it together!
Discover more of the best Cricut supplies and resources here.
Free Easter Bunny SVG Files
- Metal or plastic bucket (I bought mine at Hobby Lobby)
- Adhesive vinyl
- Weeding tools
- Cricut bright pad (optional)
- Scraper or credit card
- Cricut cutting machine
- Transfer tape
- 1 white pompom
- Glue gun
- Bunny SVG (find one free in my craft resource library. Click the button below. Or find the full design set here.)
Remember, if you are already a subscriber just go to the library!
- Scale your free Easter bunny SVG files to the proportional size of your bucket. New to Cricut? Visit this tutorial.
- Cut your bunny SVG out on your cutting machine. Make sure to set the material to vinyl.
- Once cut, weed your vinyl. I like to use my Cricut Bright Pad for this. If you do not have, or want one, you can hold your vinyl up to a window to aid the weeding process.
- Make sure your bucket has been wiped down and is fully dry to ensure good contact with the vinyl.
- Using your transfer tape to pick up the design by burnishing (rub) the design onto the transfer tape.
- Carefully pick up the vinyl with the transfer tape. If any pieces are not sticking, place the tape back down and burnish again.
- Start at the bottom center and working your way out when placing your bunny onto the bucket.
- Burnish the bunny onto the bucket and lift the transfer tape.
- Work out any air bubbles gently with the scraper.
- Add a dot of hot glue to the tail and place the pompom.
- Enjoy your bucket! You could also cut out your child’s name in vinyl and add it to the bucket as well to personalize it!
Be sure to watch the full video below for more details! Happy Spring!
DIY Easter Bunny Bucket Video
Wanna be a Cricut Master?
Are you ready to Master your Cricut, discover new hobbies and skills, design for yourself, and profit from your passion?! Be sure to sign up for my brand new course, Cutting Edge Crafters coming May 2019!
Did you enjoy these free Easter bunny SVG files?
I believe the more creativity you use, the more you have! My designs are created with simplicity, color and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet, be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies!
- How to Make Christmas Paper Poinsettia Flowers
- DIY Metallic Leaf Pumpkins: Fall Pumpkin Crafts DIY Pumpkin Decor
- DIY Paint Dump Pumpkins: Easy Painted Pumpkins for Fall and Halloween
- DIY Easy Paper Flowers: Step by Step Guide to Supplies and Crafting Realistic Blooms
- How to Use the Cricut Easypress Mini: DIY Custom Shoe Tutorial