Everyday I take a walk outside in my neighborhood and pass several larger magnolia flower trees. They are definitely a lovely sight to see and one of my most favorite flowers. While I have made magnolia flowers both, small and large before with cardstock for the petals, I have started to branch out into new materials for flowers such as crepe paper.
Magnolia flowers are quite beautiful and this crepe paper flower tutorial is a great beginner project, since these flowers are very simple to make and are perfect for hand cutting with scissors or your Cricut Maker machine!
Let’s go over supplies first then follow the picture tutorial below or scroll to the bottom for the full video tutorial!
- 180 grams crepe paper – I also love this brand
- Text weight metallic cardstock
- Glue gun
- 18 gauge wire
- Corsage tape
- Detail scissors or quilling tool
- Cutting machine (optional)
- Magnolia templates – find them here on Etsy as well
Cut out 4-5 larger petals and 3 smaller petals. You will also need to cut out 12-14 center petals.
Cut your wire down to size, punch your center petals and thread the center petals up to the top of the wire. Add a dot of glue on each end to stop it from moving off the wire.
After you have threaded all center petals onto the wire add a final dot of glue to keep the center in place.
Stretch your crepe magnolia flower petals from the center. Begin with the three smaller ones and glue them in a triangle fashion around the center.
Glue your larger 4-5 petals around the 3 smaller ones. Try to aim to get them in between the 3 smaller ones.
To finish off the crepe paper magnolia flowers, wrap some corsage tape at the base and down the wire.
Then glue your copper metallic paper and green metallic paper back to back with a wire stem down the center in between the two.
I will be making a follow up video on the leaves soon! Be sure to subscribe to my Youtube channel to catch it when it arrives!
Find more templates here!
Full Video Tutorial For Crepe Magnolia Paper Flowers
Be sure to watch the Magnolia Leaf Tutorial as well!
I believe the more creativity you use the more you have! My designs are created with simplicity, color and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies!
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.
- How to Use Offset in Cricut Design Space to Create Layers and Shadows!
- Cricut Design Space Update March 2021 – Upload Unlimited Number of Images Even with the New Change!
- Cricut Design Space Help for Beginners – How to Download and Use Design Space
- How to Layer Iron-On Vinyl on a Shirt with Cricut – Step by Step Tutorial
- How to Make an Explosion Stacking Tower Gift Box – Free Templates and Tutorial