Poinsettias are definitely the flower that comes to mine at Christmas time. Every year I expand my poinsettia collection. Past years have included some rather large wall poinsettias. Check out the classic style and my Noel style here.
But this year, I wanted to make a paper poinsettia that really looks as close to the real thing as possible. Crepe paper is your best friend for making realistic paper flowers, and I am going to teach you a fun technique to use the grain of the paper to your advantage.
This crepe paper poinsettia flower tutorial is ideal for beginners and can easily be cut by hand with scissors or use your Cricut Maker to cut them for you with the rotary blade! Be sure to read this guide on cutting crepe paper with your Maker.
Want more Christmas Crafts? View everything I have here!
Review the supplies you will need for this project below then scroll down for a full step by step video tutorial! You can also check out my entire list of Pro Paper Flower Supplies here!
Supplies for Crepe Paper Poinsettia Flowers
- 180 grams crepe paper – I also love this brand
- Pearl stamen centers
- Glue gun
- 22 gauge wire
- Corsage tape
- Detail scissors
- Cutting machine (optional) – I use Cricut.
- Crepe poinsettia templates – these are totally and completely FREE inside the Freebie Vault! If you are not yet a member just sign up via the red button below. If you are a member, then login right here and find it in the Holiday or crepe flower section. Remember to use the password you were given in the first email. Need help entering the vault? Read this helpful post here.
Cut Your Petals
- 12 smaller petal halves
- 12 larger petal halves
- 6 leaf petal halves
- Cut your crepe paper so the grain runs diagonally. You can see how I set mine up in Design Space below
- 6 one-inch squares
Cutting machine measurements (H x W)
The measurements written below are the size of the petals when they are NOT turned at a diagonal in Design Space. Your bound box will change these measurements when you rotate them. I recommend setting your measurements (if needed) then rotating your petals after.
- Larger petal: 5.7 x 1.8 inches
- Smaller petal: 4.1 x 1.3 inches
- Leaf petal: 5.1 x 1.8 inches
- 6 one inch squares
More Crafts to Love!
- 6 Last-Minute Handmade Christmas Gifts to Make With Cricut
- How to Make Tile Arabesque Christmas Ornaments with Cricut – Free Templates
- Free Faux Leather Hair Bow Templates and Tutorial
- DIY Christmas Poinsettia Faux Leather Earrings
- DIY Decorative Christmas Gift Boxes with Faux Glitter Leather
Ready to make these festive holiday blooms? Download your templates and click play on the video below!