DIY Giant Paper Poinsettias
Catching a glimpse of those vibrant red poinsettia flowers gives away the Christmas season’s arrival. Traditionally, the poinsettias enduring classic red color graces many doorways and tables during the Holiday season.
I have made many styles of both giant and small poinsettias over the last 2 years and today I wanted to share with you my original design!
Learning how to make paper poinsettia flowers is not just a fun pastime at Christmas or a new way to decorate, but also a much safer option for your beloved fur babies in the home. Real poinsettias are actually toxic to pets so creating them from paper is much safer!
Below I have listed the supplies I use to make these large paper poinsettia flowers. To craft them for yourself, just gather your materials and scroll down to watch the step by step video tutorial or view the picture instruction collage below.
Looking for more Holiday decor and freebies? Check out the Holiday section here.
Supplies for Making Paper Poinsettia Christmas Flowers
- Glue Gun
- 65-pound cardstock
- Scissors and/or cutting machine Cricut Machine
- Templates in my shop here or find them on Etsy
- Paper Blooms shaping mat and tool set (optional)
- Wood dowel
- Pearls or center embellishments.
- You can always view my full tried and true supply list here!
Download the Poinsettia Templates Here
They come with both printable PDF templates for those who wish to print on their home printer or you can use the SVG cut files with your cutting machine (I love Cricut. Find out why here).
Want to see what’s for FREE inside the Freebie Vault?! Everything from beginner friendly flower templates to SVG cut files and party printables! Access the freebie vault by clicking the red button below!
Need help accessing freebies? Read this article here for a step by step guide!
Be sure to watch the full step by step video tutorial below so you can learn how to make these pretty poinsettia flowers!
- Cut 8 petals in each size out, you circle base and 1 center petal cut.
- Cut an 1.5 inch slit at the bottom of your petals and slightly overlap with glue.
- Add detail to your poinsettia petal with the Paper Blooms shaping mat and tool set.
- Using the circle base, glue 4 petals at a time in a square-like pattern around the circle base.
- Continue adding in your smaller petals working towards the center.
- Place your poinsettia centerpiece into the middle of the flower.
- Add chosen embellishments such as pearls to complete your poinsettia center!
Poinsettia Video Tutorial
Want More Poinsettias?! Check out my other tutorials!
- 26 inch Giant Noel Poinsettia Flower
- Classic small poinsettias
- Small Holly Poinsettia
- DIY Poinsettia Lighted Garland
About Abbi Kirsten
My mission is to inspire you to nurture the creative magic inside your soul – bringing you fun, easy to learn DIY projects, and quality template designs. I share a variety of projects, holiday decor and you will definitely notice my love paper crafting and paper flowers – all tied up in a sweep of cheerful color.
Interested in paper flowers?! I’ve created dozens of signature designs for you to enjoy – starting with my best seller, The Art of Giant Paper Flowers, the Giant Flower Library and my shop of endless paper designs and flower templates.
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Elite Crafters and Cricut Lovers.
More Crafty Posts!
- DIY Cricut Puzzle Tutorial – Free Puzzle Template SVG for Cricut
- 28 Cricut/Design Space Hacks That Beginners Should Know
- Personalized Cookies for Santa Tray: Cookies for Santa Tray Free SVG Cut File
- Personalized Velvet Bow with Cricut Easypress Mini: Unique Gift Wrapping Ideas for Christmas
- DIY Christmas Cards with Free Card SVG Cut Files