I’ve taken to making more 3D paper craft mandalas lately and I received a request to create an angel wings SVG file. I decided to make three different angel SVG files which are free for personal use in the AKC Vault! For commercial use please subscribe to the Member Vault here.
The SVG angel wings are perfect for a shadow box gift as a memorial project for a person or pet who has passed. Aside from a memorial craft, you can use these wings alongside any other photos as home decor. I decided to use my shadow box as a keepsake with a photo of my kids!
Keep reading to learn how to make these 3D paper angel wings and get the free digital download for the angel wings.
3D Angel Wings Paper Craft Supply List
Let’s review the supplies you will need to create this layered angel wings mandala craft.
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore machine (You can also use other cutting machines like Silhouette Cameo. If you have the Silhouette designer edition which works with SVG formats).
- Angel wings digital files which are found in the AKC Vault – there are 3 SVG designs to choose from! I have also included a clipart PNG file with a transparent background for simpler crafts.
- 3D foam strip tape
- Craft glue
- Weeding tool
- Shadow box (optional)
Download All Three FREE Angel Wings SVG Cut Files
To access the free angel wings SVG files sign into the Freebie Vault or create your free account via the form below. Find these designs by plugging in the keyword, ‘angel wings’ at the top search bar once logged in. You will find all three instant download designs. I have also included some additional design elements such as a memory SVG file with phrases that can be added to the front of a shadow box such as this home is watched over by an angel in heaven SVG.
Layered Angel Wings Video Tutorial
Click play to watch the full angel wing mandala tutorial below. Keep reading for quick instructions and a look at my other angel wing designs.
For more free SVG designs be sure to check out my collection here on the blog!
Angel Wing SVG Paper Craft Instructions
- Firstly, upload the free angel wings SVG cut files to Cricut Design Space. If you are new to Cricut watch my video on how to upload files here.
- Scale the angel wings SVG to the size you prefer. I do not recommend going too small or the design may not cut out nicely.
- Choose your paper and load the paper onto your Cricut mat. Proceed with cutting each layer.
- Once the wing layers have been cut out, put them all into order looking at the design on the screen for help if needed.
- Using your 3D foam strip tape begin layering the design together in sequential order.
- After you have completed all the layers decide how you want to display your angel wings! You can add these to a shadow box, wood sign, or maybe even a card.
Adding A Picture Using Pattern Fills in Design Space
- Watch the video here to see how I use Pattern Fill in Design Space to add a picture to the inside of a heart.
- Print Then Cut the heart-shaped photo. Learn how to use Print Then Cut here!
- Cut out the supporting frame pieces and glue the picture to the heart frame.
- Add the heart-framed image to the shadow box between the two wings.
Watch the full video tutorial here to see how I layer my angel wings SVG, add it to a shadow box, and include a photo.
Additionally, you can also add a sweet phrase to the front glass of your shadow box like I did. I’ve included the angel wing phrases as freebies too. Just search the keyword “angel wings” in the Vault.
You could also use these designs as angel wings clipart for stickers – just be sure to upload the PNG format or use the Flatten tool in Design Space!
Here is a video with a quick look at my assembly for the pink and purple wings shown here.
What do you think about these 3D layered paper angel wings? Which of the three free designs is your favorite? Tell me below in the comments!
If you’re looking for more original designs like these angel wings SVG files join the AKC Member Vault here! Remember if you plan to use these for commercial purposes please become a Premium Member here!
About Abbi Kirsten
Welcome to my colorful corner of the internet, where we play with vibrant crafts and unlock your creative magic! Hang out with me and get lost in a fun array of projects, tutorials, and products, from stunning papercraft ideas to flower templates, Cricut help for beginners, and endless crafter’s hacks.