The joy of the holidays brings no shortage of crafts! Thanksgiving is near, and I decided to create these adorable cherry, pecan & pumpkin pie craft templates perfect for treat favor boxes and dessert take-home containers. You can make this easy Thanksgiving pumpkin pie craft to hold treats or small toys. Likewise, you can add in a small piece of pie too!
The templates to make this pumpkin pie craft are completely free for you below. These templates can be used with or without a cutting machine. For cutting machine users scroll down to see how I set up my scorelines in Design Space.
Supply List for The Pumpkin Pie Craft
- 65-100 pound cardstock (go heavier if you plan to put a real dessert in the box)
- Cutting machine (or printer for the PDF files) – I recommend Cricut cutting machine – find out why here!
- Scissors if cutting by hand
- Glue gun or Tombow liquid glue
- Pie templates (FREE inside the Freebie Vault. Scroll down to access)
Ideas for Pie Box Craft
- Centerpiece – I made an entire pie dish full which will double as a table decoration and treat boxes for guests to take home!
- Treat-filled take-home favor boxes.
- Dessert to-go!
Pumpkin pie craft: Download the Free Pie Boxes SVG Files
Find these free paper pie box templates in the AKC Freebie Vault! To create your free account, enter your info below, and I’ll send you an email to set your password. If you are already a member, then login right here and find it by searching the keyword “pie” or design #31.
Setting Your Scorelines For the Pie Box Templates
For those bringing in the templates to Design Space, I want you to know how to change the score lines properly.
Changing Score Lines
When you bring in the pie box templates, there will be solid black lines over the box, crust, and whip cream pieces. Each of these lines needs to be selected (after you have ungrouped at the top right side) and changed to score lines. Make sure you use your Attach button at the bottom of the layer’s panel to the right to hold the scorelines in place. Otherwise, when you go to the cut screen, the scorelines will shift on you.
Pumpkin Pie Craft: 3D Pie Box Tutorial
- Upload pie box templates – see how to upload an SVG file here.
- Scale the entire grouping to your preferred size. Do not scale each piece separately, or the proportions will be off.
- Ungroup the file by using the Ungroup button at the top right side
- Select each of the black lines.
- Use the Operation dropdown to the top left to change the solid black lines to SCORE
- Select each scoreline with its corresponding piece and use the ATTACH button at the bottom right to hold the scorelines in place.
- New to Cricut? Join my FREE Cricut Workshop for Beginners!
Pie Box Video Tutorial
Once you’ve gathered your supplies, hit play below to see how easy it is to create these adorable pie boxes! Scroll down below the video for the templates!
About Abbi Kirsten Collections
I have spent the last 9+ years building my creative skills and sharing them with others. My flower designs are created with simplicity, color, and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet, be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies or visit my signature design shop here!
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.
More Holiday Joy to Love
- Paper Southern Magnolia Flower Template: Step-By-Step Paper Flower Tutorial
- Day of the Dead Sugar Skull Craft and Tradition
- DIY Stickers With The Cricut Joy Xtra + Your Guide To The Best Sticker Paper
- DIY Paper Zinnia Flower Craft For Fall With Templates
- Cricut Joy Xtra: Your Ultimate Machine Guide