Spring is just around the corner and that means fresh blooms, bright colors, and sunny days outside. If you just can’t wait for those first spring days or you’re looking for the perfect decor for that Easter party with family and friends, then learning How to Make Paper Tulips is PERFECT!
Let’s get started adding a little color to your next celebration! Check out the end of the post for the step-by-step video tutorial and get to crafting!
How to Make Paper Tulips: Spring Tulip Paper Flower Tutorial
- Templates: The templates include PDFs & SVGs for making the tulip petals and leaves
- Glue Gun
- 65-pound cardstock
- 18 gauge wire
- Wire clippers
- Scissors and/or cutting machine (Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine)
- Thin wooden dowel for rolling
- For one tulip, cut out one 5 point petal, one 3 point petal and base.
- Fold each of the small tabs on the sides of each petal inward and add a small dot of glue to the outside. Secure each the tab to the inside edge of the neighboring petal so that the tabs are hidden inside the flower.
- Your tulip base will now form a cup shape that will hold your inner petals.
- Using a small wooden dowel rod, curl the tip of each petal around the rod and inward.
- Use the small dowel rod to curl each inward, this time starting the curl further down to create a deeper curl.
- Putting a dot of glue on the bottom of the 3 petal piece, glue it inside of the 5 petal piece.
- Next we’ll use the 18 gauge wire to create a stem. Bend the tip at a 90 degree angle and then shape a small circular loop.
- Secure the loop to the bottom with a dot of glue.
- Add some glue to the upper side of the flower base and press against the flower until dry to secure.
- Trim the stem of your flower to the desired length.
Group a few colorful tulip blooms together to make the perfect centerpiece at your upcoming spring celebrations! Craft away and give your party a touch of lovely. I hope you have enjoyed learning how to make paper tulips! Share your thoughts with me in the comments below and catch the full video tutorial below as well!
Share what you’ve been up to by using #DIYwithAbbi. I would love to see your creativity in the works so flaunt your flower power magic! You are a huge source of my inspiration!
My mission is to inspire you to nurture the creative magic inside your soul – bringing you fun, easy to learn DIY projects, and quality template designs. I share a variety of projects but specifically love paper crafting and paper flowers. Interested in more flower tutorials?! I’ve created dozens of signature designs for you to enjoy – starting with my best seller, The Art of Giant Paper Flowers, the Giant Flower Library and my shop of endless paper designs and flower templates.
Feeling overwhelmed? Start here with my tried and true Resource List!
Thanks for letting me pop into your day!