Dahlia Paper Flower Template and Tutorial
Dahlias have graced the blog many times before but this Autumn Sunburst dahlia is by far my most favorite dahlia design. While it takes a little more time, it is certainly realistic! Check out the classic dahlia here and my Deliliah Dahlia as well – I’ve even turned this one into a giant dahlia bloom!
This dahlia paper flower template is not the only new bloom this season, many new small flower designs have come to the blog this year because my brand new ebook and template bundle, The Joy of Paper Flowers arrived this Fall!
I’m continuing to share my love for this lovely text weight metallic cardstock paper.
Below is a full list of my supplies and resources that I used to create these warm Autumn blooms.
Supplies for DIY Dahlia Paper Flowers
- 50 lb text weight metallic cardstock. Find some here or here.
- Glue gun
- 18 gauge wire
- 1-inch foam ball
- Corsage tape
- Cricut machine (Explore or Maker) OR use your scissors to cut by hand with the printable PDF files. New to Cricut? Join my free Cricut workshop!
- Sunburst dahlia template – Find them here or on Etsy. Better yet, purchase the whole ebook and template bundle with this flower included!
- Optional: Paper Blooms Shaping Mat and Tool Set – This is a product I created especially to help with small paper flowers!
There are tons of flower templates both large and small waiting in the shop but I also have a freebie vault! Want to see what’s inside the freebie vault? Download your free beginner flower templates, SVG cut files, party printables and more!
Need help accessing freebies? Click here!
If you are ready to see how to build these dahlias, perfect for Autumn table settings, grab your templates and scroll down to watch the full step by step video tutorial!
Printable PDF files are included to cut by hand with scissors. You can also upload the SVG cut file to your Cricut or Silhouette machine! (Curious if a Cricut machine is right for you? Click here to find out!)
DIY Paper Sunburst Dahlia Flowers: Video Tutorial
About Abbi Kirsten Collections
I have spent the last 9+ years building my creative skills and sharing them with others. My flower designs are created with simplicity, color and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet, be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies or visit my signature design shop here!
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.
More Crafts to Love
- How to Use Offset in Cricut Design Space to Create Layers and Shadows!
- Cricut Design Space Update March 2021 – Upload Unlimited Number of Images Even with the New Change!
- Cricut Design Space Help for Beginners – How to Download and Use Design Space
- How to Layer Iron-On Vinyl on a Shirt with Cricut – Step by Step Tutorial
- How to Make an Explosion Stacking Tower Gift Box – Free Templates and Tutorial