Everyone loves a good ornament DIY tutorial during the Christmas season! Creating DIY glitter ornaments is nothing new, but I decided to try it myself this year and share my own process.
In addition to this new ornament tutorial, I am giving you 15 FREE Christmas word SVG cut files to use on your ornaments!
This DIY glitter ornament tutorial is very beginner and kid-friendly! Let’s go over the supply list, and then I’ll walk you through how to make your own glitter ornaments step by step in the video below.
DIY Glitter Ornament Supplies
- Clear plastic ornaments – find these at crafts stores during the holiday season or right here year-round.
- Fine glitter or fine/chunky glitter mix
- Clear polyurethane (home depot) or polyacrylic
- Funnel or rolled up piece or cardstock
- Mini plastic cups
- Vinyl in choice colors. I recommend white for most of the wording or black if you are making white glitter ornaments. I also love to use glitter vinyl for the details!
- Transfer tape
- Cricut scraper
- Cricut cutting machine (or any cutting machine that works with SVG files)
- Ribbon (optional)
- SVG Christmas word designs – download all 15 of mine below via the teal button! You will be sent a password to the freebie vault and will find them under the holiday section!
If you are a member, then login right here and find it in the holiday section. Remember to use the password you were given in the first email. Need help entering the vault? Read this helpful post here.
Want to know what fonts I use?! I have a whole Christmas font post you will love here!
How to Make Glitter Ornaments
More Holiday Crafts to Love!
- 28 Cricut/Design Space Hacks That Beginners Should Know
- Personalized Cookies for Santa Tray: Cookies for Santa Tray Free SVG Cut File
- Personalized Velvet Bow with Cricut Easypress Mini: Unique Gift Wrapping Ideas for Christmas
- DIY Christmas Cards with Free Card SVG Cut Files
- DIY Glitter Ornaments: The Easy Way to Make Your Own Custom Ornaments
About Abbi Kirsten Collections
I have spent the last 9+ years building my creative skills and sharing them with others. My flower designs are created with simplicity, color and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet, be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies or visit my signature design shop here!
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.