I spent a good amount of time developing my own special tool, Paper Blooms shaping mat and toolset for embossing and cupping flower petals. Now that Cricut has a debossing tool I thought I would try it out using my machine!
In this tutorial, I will show you exactly how to add texture to your paper leaves or flower petals using your Cricut Maker.
You will need to set up your line-type in Cricut Design Space so it properly debosses then cuts. The key to make sure you use your Attach tool so it debossing exactly where you want. Below is a video step by step on how to do all of this.
First, let’s review supplies.
- 50-65 lb text weight Recollections cardstock. View my full list of the Best Paper For Paper Flowers here.
- Cricut machine – the deboss tip only works with the Maker. If you have the Explore check out this tutorial on debossing leaves. New to Cricut? Join my free Cricut workshop!
- Quickswap housing and Deboss tip
- Leaf templates – I have freebies inside the vault or you can shop my signature leaves here!
Download these free templates by signing up via the teal button below. If you are already a member, then login right here and find it in the SVG section. Remember to use the password you were given in the first email. Need help entering the vault? Read this helpful post here.
Get Access to the Freebie Vault!
Shop More Leaf and Vine Designs
Scroll down and watch my step by step video on making paper leaves realistic with the Cricut Maker deboss tip!
How to Deboss Leaves or Paper Flower Petals
More Craftiness to Love!
- How to Make Pop-up Flower Cards with Free Templates and Tutorial
- How to Upload SVG Files and Images To Cricut Design Space
- World of Rainbows – Free Rainbow SVG Cut Files
- Tangi App by Google – Grow Your Creative Skills with Short DIY Videos
- How to Add Patterns and Shape Cut-Outs to Your Paper Flower Templates in Cricut Design Space
About Abbi Kirsten Collections
I have spent the last 9+ years building my creative skills and sharing them with others. My flower designs are created with simplicity, color and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet, be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies or visit my signature design shop here!
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.