Making paper flowers is such a great craft because of the hundreds of possibilities from types of flowers to stemming, and arranging options. Paper flowers can decorate nearly any event or space. When I released my book, The Art of Giant Paper Flowers, back in 2016, I did a tutorial on making stems for giant flowers from PVC. Today, I will share how to make giant paper flower stems that are curved, free-standing, and reusable!
Using the magic of magnets, these curvy stems offer interchangeable flower blossoms on top! Creating a detachable flower means you can use these stems over and over for many different events or projects. Keep reading to find out what supplies I used and scroll down to watch the step by step video tutorial!
If you are new to my site, be warned, I LOVE me some paper flowers. Over the past ten years, I’ve written two books; The Art of Giant Paper Flowers and The Joy of Paper Flowers, which will have you crafting blooms for days!
How to Make Curved Giant Paper Flower Stems
The best part about these giant paper flower stems is how easy they are to make, no drills, or fancy tools necessary!
Supplies for Making Giant Flower Stems
- Solid half foam balls
- Copper coil/tubing – check your hardware store or amazon – I used both 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch width
- Hot glue gun
- Green crepe paper
- Crepe paper streamers
- Green masking tape
- Corsage tape
- Additional floral wire
- Ready-made paper flower – I used my peony and rose design, or you can shop all my designs here. Additionally, I have some beginner-friendly giant flowers in the Freebie Vault here on the blog!
Download my free templates by signing up via the teal button below. If you are already a member, then login right here. Remember to use the password you were given in the first email. Need help entering the vault? Read this helpful post here.
What makes these stems special is the way the flowers can easily pop on and off, so the stem becomes reusable. If you decide not to use magnets, you could use velcro or glue directly onto the foam ball center of the stem.
Make sure to use very durable magnets. I found even with my heaviest flower, 3-4 magnets worked perfectly!
Once you have gathered your supplies, click play on the video below to learn how and build this curvy stem for large paper flowers.
DIY Curvy Giant Flower Stems Video Tutorial
Shop Flower Templates
About Abbi Kirsten Collections
I have spent the last 9+ years building my creative skills and sharing them with others. My flower designs are created with simplicity, color, and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet, be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies or visit my signature design shop here!
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.
More Crafts to Love
- DIY Pumpkin Pie Boxes – Thanksgiving Favor Treat Box Templates
- Giant Paper Sunflower Tutorial – Paper Flower SVG and PDF Printable Templates
- 3D Layered Paper Mandala Craft Tutorial – Sunflower Layered Mandala SVG File
- Cardboard Tube Crafts – 6 Clever Ways to Reuse Vinyl Cardboard Tubes
- Holiday Maker-Fest – Paper Poinsettia and Holly Christmas Garland