Do you know someone who is graduating? Maybe someone in your family like your kids, grandchild, or even a close friend? Today I am sharing a DIY graduation cap box tutorial that is perfect for gifting cash or candy to a new graduate.
Cut out these grad cap gift boxes using a Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore using the SVG files. Likewise, you can use your printer with printable PDF files. These graduation cap gift box templates are FREE for you to enjoy!
If you are searching for more graduation craft ideas be sure to check out How To Decorate Your Graduation Cap With Paper Flowers and Iron-On Vinyl here!
DIY Graduation Cap Gift Box
I’ve recently fallen in love with Cricut Party Foil and decided to create the cap’s tassel with a touch of sparkle. You can create these gift boxes in an array of colors, which of course, I had to demonstrate both a traditional black graduation cap and some playful hues as well.
Below are the supplies you will need/want to create your own graduation cap gift boxes.
- Cardstock paper
- Party foil by Cricut
- Gold Brads
- Tombow scrapbooking tape
- Hot glue gun
- Embroidery thread
- Cricut Maker/Cricut Explore or Printer
- Scoring wheel or scoring stylus if using a Cricut machine
- Grad cap box templates – I’m sharing these templates in SVG and PDF format for free with my community. Find these free templates by signing up via the form below.
DIY Paper Graduation Cap Gift Box – Video Tutorial
As I said, you can cut the grad cap boxes with scissors or your Cricut machine. If you use your Cricut machine, then be sure to use either the scoring wheel or the scoring stylus, so your folds are precise.
Set up the Graduation Box Template in Design Space
When you bring the template into Design Space, change the black lines on top of the solid template to a scoreline, then Attach the scoreline to the solid template.
Printing the Graduation Box Template
For those who wish to cut by hand, you can easily print the PDF file and follow the instructions included with your freebie to glue and fold the grad cap box.
These gift boxes are super fun and an adorable way to gift money or candy to a new graduate!
How would you use these boxes? Tell me in the comments!
More Crafty Goodness
- Everything You Need To Know About the New Cricut Watercolor Cards and Watercolor Marker & Brush Set
- DIY Halloween Pumpkins With Cricut. No-Carve Pumpkin Ideas
- How to Make Paper Crafts With Cricut: DIY Thanksgiving Card Tutorial
- Free Give Thanks SVG Cut File for Thanksgiving Projects With Cricut and Silhouette
- Autumn Sunburst Dahlia: Paper Flower Craft Tutorial
About Abbi Kirsten
Welcome to my colorful corner of the internet, where we play with vibrant crafts and unlock your creative magic! Hang out with me and get lost in a fun array of projects, tutorials, and products, from stunning papercraft ideas to flower templates, Cricut help for beginners, and endless crafter’s hacks.