DIY Leaf and Flower Table Runner
For a while I have been wanting to put together a table runner of leaves, flowers or both. I decided to go with a rainbow ombre effect for this project! After all you know bright colors of the rainbow spark my creativity in many of my designs. I have 2 examples in this post. One is just with ombre rainbow leaves and the second adds flower for this DIY flower table runner project!
This table runner is extremely easy to make! The hardest part is cutting out your leaves and flowers since this can be time consuming depending on how long your table is! I’ve listed my preferred supplies and leaf templates I used for this runner below.
- 65 pound cardstock in rainbow colors (Or your favorite colors. Don’t worry I won’t judge if it isn’t rainbow!)
- Scissors and or cutting machine. (I strongly recommend a cutting machine. My favorite one here!)
- Glue gun
- Bahama Mama leaf templates
- IF you decide to add flowers small or large then pick out some templates for that too. Psssh… sign up for our email list and you will receive my FREE giant Priscilla template, which is the one shown just below!
How to Make Your DIY Flower Table Runner
So there isn’t much explanation really! I used 10 colors of the rainbow and cut 3 leaves per color.
- First, I arranged them as I preferred. You can group the colors together for the ombre rainbow effect as I did or mixed them up!
- Once you have them laid out in a straight line you can move them closer together so that each leaf is overlapping with the next one. The point of overlap is where you want to add your bit of hot glue.
- Repeat with all the leaves till you have achieved your desired length for your DIY flower table runner!
That’s how easy this project is! If you are using a cutting machine like me it definitely speeds things up! It took me about an hour to get leaves cut out and glued together. Not too bad!
Show it off
This DIY flower table runner looks great with just the leaves but if you want more floral flare then just strategical glue some small paper flowers on top! The small flowers shown here are my signature Mary Jane style. She is actually scheduled to be released in a couple weeks, but in the mean time you can find dozens of other small flower designs just like this here! And even some freebies on the blog here!
How would you use this table runner? I think it would be fabulous at a party or luau! Tell me your thoughts below!
My Picks for this Project: SHOP NOW
Share what you’ve been up to by using #DIYwithAbbi. I would love to see your creativity in the works so flaunt your flower power magic! You are a huge source of my inspiration!
Feeling overwhelmed? Start here with my tried and true Resource List!
Thanks for letting me pop into your day!