Printable Animal Valentines – Candy Huggers
Over the years as I have created things, I found that I love to re-purposed a beloved design into something with a brand new use!
The whole woodland animal SVG gang sells more then 5x per day in my shop. These adorable little forest creatures first caught on after I designed my cute little fox and created it for a freebie here on the blog, which you can still get! I even went on to make a few barn yard friends because of so many requests!
Thousands of you have loved this set and shared with me countless creative ways to use it – everything from onesie iron ons to cake toppers, banners and more.
Needless to say, I think ya’ll love them!
Since Valentine’s Day is approaching I started to think about what I could create with these favorite woodland animals in a fresh way. I really got into the spirit after sharing my monster printable Valentines and my Doxie Valentine boxes, which were featured on Cricut by the way!
After seeing other inspiring crafters make what is called a “candy hugger” as a Valentine gift, I decide to alter my original design to fit this trendy idea!
Let me share with you the supplies you will need and that favorite little fox you love, now turned hugger, is free in the subscriber resource library or you can purchase the whole woodland friends set!
- Hugger templates – find them here or grab the free fox hugger in the library. Sign up above or below. 🙂
- Glue gun
- Clear permanent photo tape
- Candy – I use lolly pops but chocolate hearts work too!
- 65 pound cardstock
- Cricut or printer and scissors
Follow the step by step written directions below and also watch the full video tutorial for a full visual!
- Cut all your printable animal valentines out either with a Cricut machine in layers (or print and cut) or use the PNG images and scale to size then print on your printer. I recommend printing on cardstock in a similar color to the animal’s arms rather then white so it matches when folding the hugger’s arms over the candy.
- If using a cutting machine, cut all layers out in the suggested colors you see with the on screen design.
- Layer the designs in sequential order.
- Tape down a piece of candy or lolly pop over the animal hugger’s center belly.
- Fold the arms over the candy and secure with glue.
- Enjoy your adorable printable animal valentines!
I also thought these would be great for baby shower favors! What did you think? How would you use these? Tell me below in the comments and be sure to share what other ideas you want me to design!
Video Tutorial for DIY Valentine’s Day Woodland Animal Huggers
- 6 Last-Minute Handmade Christmas Gifts to Make With Cricut
- How to Make Tile Arabesque Christmas Ornaments with Cricut – Free Templates
- Free Faux Leather Hair Bow Templates and Tutorial
- DIY Christmas Poinsettia Faux Leather Earrings
- DIY Decorative Christmas Gift Boxes with Faux Glitter Leather
P.S. Don’t miss out on all my freebies in my crafter’s resource library! Sign up here and get access now!