Easy Valentine’s Craft: How to Make Candy-Filled Hearts
This Valentine’s Day give the gift of an easy Valentine’s craft with a touch of sweetness!
Whether you are passing these out to co-workers, friends, Galentines, or helping our kids put together something unique for their classes, I always believe in sharing some love.
So far, during this season of love (and organization), I have shown you these doxie pillow candy boxes, my woodland candy huggers, my heart and arrow gift tags, and our easy printable monster Valentines.
For my last craft of this season’s loving trends, I am sharing these Candy Filled Hearts as an easy Valentine’s craft! Pass these out to anyone, but I think your gal pals will especially appreciate the chocolatey treat!
Easy Valentine’s Craft – Free Candy-Filled Heart Templates
Download these free candy-heart templates by signing up via the form below. Once you set your password via the email sent to you, enter the vault, and search at the top with the keyword ‘heart’ or design #50.
Supplies for Easy Valentine’s Candy Heart Craft
- 65-pound cardstock
- Glitter cardstock
- Templates (find them for free in the subscriber library. Sign up above or below).
- Glue gun
- Adhesive permanent photo tape
- Scissors or Cricut
Directions for Valentine’s Candy-Filled Heart Craft
Below is an overview of the easy step to assemble this, or watch the full video below!
- Cut out your templates. You will have 2 hearts and 1 heart frame cut out. Your base should be 65-pound cardstock. The second heart cutout should be of cellophane. And the framed heart cutout should be of glitter cardstock, or you could use regular cardstock again. Note: If you are using a cutting machine, make sure to set the lightest setting (ex. vinyl) when cutting the cellophane out).
- Glue the cellophane to the backside of the heart frame cut out.
- With your last heart piece, which will be holding the candy, cut a 1 1/2 inch slit at the bottom and generously overlap to create the 3D bowl effect.
- Use the runner photo tape around the out edge of the heart’s bottom.
- Place a small handful of candy inside and seal the edges together, pressing firmly to secure.
- Enjoy! Go ahead and take a look at the video below for clarification! 🙂
Candy Heart Video Tutorial
I believe the more creativity you use the more you have! My designs are created with simplicity, color, and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies!
- DIY Kids Paper Angel Craft With Straws – Free Printables
- Cricut Venture Ultimate Guide: Everything You Need To Know
- 17+ Free Farmhouse SVG Cut Files for Cricut and Silhouette
- DIY Turkey Pop-Up Thanksgiving Card Craft With Template
- How To Make A 3D Pop-Up Sunflower Card With Cricut
1. Cut out your templates using scissors or a cutting machine.
- One cellophane heart (use the lightest setting if using a cutting machine)
- One paper-backing heart
- One glitter cardstock frame heart
2. Glue the cellophane heart to the back of the glitter heart frame.
3. In the backing heart, cut a 1.5 slit at the bottom. Overlap one side of the slit with the other side and glue it into place. This creates a bowl effect.
4. Add the runner tape around the inside edges of the backing heart.
5. Place a small amount of candy into the center of the bowled backing heart.
6. Press the top heart (frame and cellophane) onto the backing and secure them together.
Have fun gifting these candy-filled tokens of affection to your family and friends! Additional instructional clarification is available on the YoTube tutorial.
About Abbi Kirsten
Welcome to my colorful corner of the internet, where we play with vibrant crafts and unlock your creative magic! Hang out with me and get lost in a fun array of projects, tutorials, and products, from stunning papercraft ideas to flower templates, Cricut help for beginners, and endless crafter’s hacks.