Easy Valentine’s Craft: How to Make Candy Filled Hearts
This Valentine’s Day give the gift of an easy Valentine’s craft with a touch of sweetness!
Whether you are passing these out to co-workers, friends, Galentine’s, or helping our kids put together something unique for their classes, I always believe in sharing some love.
So far during this season of love (and organization), I have shown you these doxie pillow candy boxes, my woodland candy huggers, my heart and arrow gift tags, and our easy printable monster Valentines.
For my last craft of this season’s loving trends, I am sharing these Candy Filled Hearts as an easy Valentine’s craft! Pass these out to anyone but I think your gal pals will especially appreciate the chocolatey treat!
Easy Valentine’s Craft – Free Candy-Filled Heart Templates
Download these free candy-heart templates by signing up via the form below. Once you set your password via the email sent to you, enter the vault, and search at the top with the keyword ‘heart’ or design #50.
Supplies for Easy Valentine’s Candy Heart Craft
- 65 pound cardstock
- Glitter cardstock
- Templates (find them for free in the subscriber library. Sign up above or below).
- Glue gun (I love this one)
- Adhesive permanent photo tape
- Scissors or Cricut
Directions for Valentine’s Candy-Filled Heart Craft
Below is an overview of the easy step to assemble this or watch the full video below!
- Cut out your templates. You will have 2 hearts and 1 heart frame cut out. Your base should be of 65 pound cardstock. The second heart cut out should be of cellophane. And the framed heart cut out should be of the glitter cardstock or you could use regular cardstock again. Note: If you are using a cutting machine make sure to set the lightest setting (ex. vinyl) when cutting the cellophane out).
- Glue the cellophane to the backside of the heart frame cut out.
- With your last heart piece, which will be holding the candy, cut a 1 1/2 inch slit at the bottom and generously overlap to create the 3D bowl effect.
- Use the runner photo tape around the out edge of the heart’s bottom.
- Place a small handful of candy inside and seal the edges together pressing firmly to secure.
- Enjoy! Go ahead and take a look at the video below for clarification! 🙂
Candy Heart Video Tutorial
I believe the more creativity you use the more you have! My designs are created with simplicity, color, and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies!
- Everything You Need To Know About the New Cricut Watercolor Cards and Watercolor Marker & Brush Set
- DIY Halloween Pumpkins With Cricut. No-Carve Pumpkin Ideas
- How to Make Paper Crafts With Cricut: DIY Thanksgiving Card Tutorial
- Free Give Thanks SVG Cut File for Thanksgiving Projects With Cricut and Silhouette
- Autumn Sunburst Dahlia: Paper Flower Craft Tutorial
About Abbi Kirsten
Welcome to my colorful corner of the internet, where we play with vibrant crafts and unlock your creative magic! Hang out with me and get lost in a fun array of projects, tutorials, and products, from stunning papercraft ideas to flower templates, Cricut help for beginners, and endless crafter’s hacks.