Right now millions are coming together across our planet to fight against Covid-19. During this time communities have started to create symbols of hope by displaying rainbows and inspiring messages in their front windows – this idea has become known as the World of Rainbows movement.
There are hundreds of beautiful images and ideas out there to craft together a glass pane masterpiece. I decided to join this movement by bringing you four FREE rainbow SVG designs that will look stunning no matter where or how you display them.
You will need to own a Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore machine to complete this project. Additionally, you will need to choose from window cling, removable vinyl or cardstock materials to complete the craft.
Some of you may be new to Cricut and feel intimated inside of Design Space. I don’t want that to stop you from doing this colorful project so be sure to grab my new ebook, Cricut Confidence – how to conquer Design Space once and for all!
If you are looking to add these colorful images to your windows there are a few tips and supplies to use.
- Window cling or removable vinyl – Cricut makes window cling that works great for projects like this. One downside to the window cling is the limited colors – when I run into this issue I spring for removable vinyl which works excellent.
- If you decide to add words remember to mirror your design so it reads the right way in your window.
- Cardstock paper is another alternative material for this project. To display it in your window use clear tape from the inside.
- If you decide to display your creation from the outside rather than inside make sure to use permanent vinyl to withstand the elements.
How to Cut Out the Rainbow SVG Design
You may be wondering if there are any special tricks to cutting out your rainbows.
Firstly, you will want to cut everything out by color. For things like the butterflies, and stars this can be easily accomplished on a 12 x 24 Cricut mat.
But what about the flower mandala and the heart rainbow, which are wider in design?
In the case of the flower and heart rainbow, you can use what is called the Slice Method for larger than mat projects. To see how this is set up in Design Space join my Facebook group here and watch an example.
Ways to Display Your World of Rainbows SVG Files
- In the front window of your home so folks can see it from the street while out walking or driving by.
- On your garage door. I’ve seen a few people display their rainbow creations on their garages – this definitely requires vinyl so it can withstand the moisture.
- On your car window or back window. I haven’t seen any cars around my area do this yet, but this is a great alternative option for displaying it on your home! Placing your rainbow design on your car spreads the message when you are out grabbing those essentials. Plus it can still be seen from your driveway when you are home.
- Your front door. If you are someone who has a solid front door you could display your rainbows right at the entrance.
Download Your Free Rainbow SVG Cut Files
You can download all four of my free rainbow-inspired SVG cut files inside my Freebie Vault.
Download these free SVG templates by signing up via the teal button below. If you are already a member, then login right here and find it in the SVG section. Remember to use the password you were given in the first email. Need help entering the vault? Read this helpful post here.
I’d love to see your creations so be sure to join my Facebook group and show off your work!
Crafting during quarantine can be a sanity saver, so if you are looking to add more color to your world be sure to download my ebook, The Joy of Paper Flowers!
About Abbi Kirsten Collections
I have spent the last 9+ years building my creative skills and sharing them with others. My flower designs are created with simplicity, color, and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet, be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies or visit my signature design shop here!
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.
More Crafts to Love
- How to Stem a Giant Paper Flower: DIY Curved Free-Standing Stem
- DIY Speech Bubble SVG Files for Notes with Dry Erase Cricut Vinyl
- Cricut Design Space How To – 16 Questions Every Cricut Beginners Asks
- How to Make Pop-up Flower Cards with Free Templates and Tutorial
- How to Upload SVG Files and Images To Cricut Design Space