I’ve always loved how bright and elegant orchids are! Orchids in nature are challenging to keep up, so I am delighted to share this paper orchid tutorial in collaboration with Michaels Craft Stores.
I crafted these beauties from pink and purple cardstock with the help of my Cricut Maker machine!
My Cricut is always the powerhouse of my crafting success. Michaels Craft Store is my favorite place to shop for supplies – I’m there almost every week!
If you don’t have a Michaels near you or do not wish to go out then just use my links below to ship the supplies right to you!
DIY Paper Orchid Flowers
This paper orchid tutorial is beginner-friendly, and as a special treat, I am providing the templates as a freebie! I used a similar design in my new ebook, The Joy of Paper Flowers, which has more than 24 flower templates, leaves, and centers.
Let’s review the supplies for this orchid project.
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore plus Cricut tools (if you do not have a cutting machine I have PDF printables so you can still enjoy this lovely flower!) Interested in a Cricut? Read why I love mine here!
- 65-pound cardstock paper – I used purple paper, pink paper, and green paper.
- Paper-covered wire (used as the center stem)
- Thin floral wire (used for each orchid bloom)
- Floral tape (helps attached the blooms to the thick floral stem)
- Cricut light blue mat
- Glue gun
- Wood dowel
- Distress ink and Ink sponges (use distress ink and sponges to add color variation to the orchid. This is optional.)
- Orchid templates (download below!)
DOWNLOAD ORCHID TEMPLATES
Download these free paper orchid templates by signing up via the teal button below. If you are already a member, then login right here and find it in the Small Paper Flower section. Remember to use the password you were given in the first email. Need help entering the vault? Read this helpful post here.
Paper Orchid Tutorial
Below is an image overview of the orchid creation process. To learn how to assemble these blooms click play on the video below that was featured on my Instagram in sponsorship with Michaels Stores!
View this post on Instagram
In today's tutorial, learn how to create paper orchids that never wilt and look stunning year-round! I've teamed up with @michaelsstores to bring you this craft. #sponsored. My Cricut machine makes all the difference when crafting these elegant orchid blooms. This orchid tutorial is beginner-friendly, and you can find all the supplies at your local Michaels store or shop online. This week Cricut materials, mats, and tools are B1G1 50%! #sponsored #makeitwithmichaels I'm sharing the orchid templates via Design Space! Search > Orchids under Projects!
Paper Orchid Video Tutorial (Long)
For more explanation please watch the video below on my Youtube channel.
More Crafts to Love
- CRICUT MAKER, EXPLORE & JOY GIVEAWAY!
- DIY Giant Amaryllis Paper Flowers – Templates and Tutorial
- How to Make Paper Flowers with Cricut – Tips for Cutting Machine Users
- Paper Cactus Tutorial and Templates – 3D Paper Cactus Craft
- Shaker Cake Topper Tutorial
About Abbi Kirsten Collections
I have spent the last 10+ years building my creative skills and sharing them with others. My flower designs are created with simplicity, color, and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet, be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies or visit my signature design shop here!
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.