Is there anything better than the fresh feeling of Spring?! As soon as March hits I am all about Spring cleaning and lightening up my decor around the house, starting with a new floral design like these paper lily flowers!
In today’s paper flower tutorial I will show you how to create a traditional white Easter lily paper flower. These fresh blooms take a little extra tender loving care but the end result is absolutely worth it! Whether you have just a pair of scissors or what to use your Cricut Maker to cut the crepe paper I’ve got you covered with the Easter lily PDF printable templates and SVG cut files.
Crepe Paper Lily Flowers Video Tutorial
If you love video like me, click play and get the full step by step process. You can also keep reading for links to my supplies and a picture tutorial!
Supplies for Lily Crepe Paper Flowers – Where do you find that paper?!
- Easter Lily Templates
- Crepe paper – 90 pound is recommended but you can use the 180-pound crepe paper as well.
- Detail scissors
- Pan pastels and sponge
- Air-dry clay
- Floral wire – thick floral wire, 26 gauge wire
- Tack glue
- Floral tape
Cutting the Lily Templates by Hand or with Your Cricut Maker
The Easter lily template design is very simple and easy to cut by hand with a pair of detail scissors using the PDF printables. Those of you who own a Cricut Maker machine then let your cutting machine do the work for you! If you have never cut crepe paper with your machine before it can be tricky so make sure to check out my full step-by-step tutorial on cutting crepe paper with your Cricut Maker machine!
Note: You must have the Cricut Maker to cut crepe paper because the rotary blade is required and only works with the Maker machine.
For those of you who know me, I do a lot with cardstock paper as well. You could absolutely use a light-weight cardstock for these Easter paper lily flowers. If you are trying to achieve a very realistic bloom then always opt for crepe paper. For more crepe paper flowers see my Crepe Plumeria, Southern Magnolias, and Tropical Hibiscus DIY tutorials.
Crepe Paper Lily Flower Picture Tutorial
- Build the Easter paper lily center – Using air-dry clay and thin floral wire, create the lily stamen by rolling a small piece of clay onto the tips of the wire. Repeat this 5-6 times. Also, add your white air dry clay to the center thick stem. Once your clay is on, add the yellow stamen to the center stem wire by wrapping it with floral tape.
- Cut your petals – Using a pair of detail scissors or your Cricut Maker machine, cut out the lily petals. You will need 6 halves in each size for a total of 12 pieces that will make lily 6 petals.
- Assemble the petal – Add glue to one half of the petal and place the floral wire on the glue, and sandwich the other petal half on top of the wire. Trim and even up the overlapping tips.
- Add pan pastels – Add some color right down the center of the lily petal using a small sponge and green pan pastels.
- Shape your petal – Finally, shape each lily petals by gently curving them back.
- Assemble the flower – Add the 3 smaller lily petals evenly around the center and wrap with floral tape. To complete the paper lily flowers add the 3 larger petals in offset in between the smaller ones. Secure with floral tape.
- Add leaves to the lily – Add optional leaves to your lily around the stem.
What is your favorite Springtime bloom? I’d love to know! Tell me in the comments and I just might make them! Be sure to check out our tulip tutorial as well!
About Abbi Kirsten Collections
I have spent the last 10+ years building my creative skills and sharing them with others. My flower designs and Cricut crafts are created with simplicity, color, and fun in mind. If you haven’t yet, be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies or visit my signature design shop here!
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.