Crisp Blue Paper Hydrangeas
These new DIY paper hydrangea flowers are the essence of beauty. Hydrangeas are definitely a favorite, especially since cool crisp blues are one of my most beloved colors.
I love how full and lush hydrangeas always look – as if they are the flower that always has it all together! In all honesty, I was dreading this craft for a long time. Even though the method of creation is very straightforward, I knew it would take some patience to assemble.
Here is a full list of the supplies and resources that I used to create these charming beauties.
Supplies for DIY Hydrangea Paper Flowers
- 50 lb text weight metallic cardstock. Find some here or here.
- Glue gun
- 18 gauge wire
- Half foam ball ( I use a 5-inch ball here but you can ultimately choose any size. You will just need to cut more or fewer petals accordingly).
- Tissue paper (to cover the foam ball)
- Corsage tape
- Cricut machine (Explore or Maker) OR use your scissors to cut by hand with the printable PDF files. New to Cricut? Join my free Cricut workshop!
- Hydrangea template – Join the AKC Member Vault to access this hydrangea template and hundreds of other designs! Alternatively, you can purchase just this template on Etsy.
- Optional: Paper Blooms Shaping Mat and Tool Set – This is a product I created especially to help with small paper flowers!
Download the Hydrangea Paper Flower Templates
Looking For Free Templates?
There are tons of flower templates both large and small waiting in the Vault, but I also have freebies too! Want to see what’s inside the Freebie Vault? I’ve got flower templates, SVG cut files, printables, and more!
Do you want to know my secret to creating lifelike paper flowers? Look no further! Our Paper Blooms Shaping Mat & Paper Blooms Rolling Ball Tool is the easy and fun way to accomplish just that.
DIY Paper Hydrangea Flowers: Video Tutorial
If you are ready to see how to build these gorgeous DIY paper hydrangea flowers for yourself grab your templates and scroll down to watch the full step-by-step video tutorial!
You can easily choose from the printable PDF files for those who wish to hand-cut with scissors (although I HIGHLY recommend a cutting machine for this project) or you can upload the SVG cut file to your Cricut or Silhouette machine! (Curious if a Cricut machine is right for you? Click here to find out!)
Ready to make these full bloom hydrangeas? Hit play on the video below!
About Abbi Kirsten
Welcome to my colorful corner of the internet, where we play with vibrant crafts and unlock your creative magic! Hang out with me and get lost in a fun array of projects, tutorials, and products, from stunning papercraft ideas to flower templates, Cricut help for beginners, and endless crafter’s hacks.