Butterflies are such a beautiful way to add a touch of whimsy to any craft project. I’ve recently have fallen in love with using iron-on vinyl on cardstock paper when I created my teach appreciation crayon boxes. In today’s tutorial, I will show you how to make paper butterflies that stand out from the crowd! You can create these in small or large sizes using the SVG cut files with your cutting machine. I love my Cricut Maker! Find out why here.
I have several butterfly SVG files in my shop or you can enjoy the free options below!
There are countless ways to use paper butterflies! Add them to a paper flower arrangement, decorate a wall, place them inside a shadow box, use them on cards and so much more! Last week I shared a floating teacup tutorial with paper flowers and these butterflies would be a gorgeous addition!
First, review the supply list to make these paper butterflies and then scroll down to watch the step by step video tutorial!
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore machine
- Glitter iron-on vinyl (any color works)
- Cardstock – I love to use Recollections paper packs from Michaels
- Easypress or Easypress Mini and heat safe mat or surface
- Weeding tools
- Butterfly templates. Choose from my garden butterfly set in the shop (featured in this post) or you can download the freebies below to play with inside the Freebie Vault.
How to Access Freebies on Abbi Kirsten Collections
Download the free butterfly templates by signing up via the teal button below. If you are already a member, then login right here and find it in the SVG section. Remember to use the password you were given in the first email. Need help entering the vault? Read this helpful post here.
How to Make Paper Butterflies with Glitter HTV – Video Tutorial
What did you think of these paper butterflies? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments! Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see the special floating butterfly craft I will be creating soon!
About Abbi Kirsten Collections
I have spent the last 9+ years building my creative skills and sharing them with others. My flower designs are created with simplicity, color and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet, be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies or visit my signature design shop here!
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.
- DIY Speech Bubble SVG Files for Notes with Dry Erase Cricut Vinyl
- Cricut Design Space How To – 16 Questions Every Cricut Beginners Asks
- How to Make Pop-up Flower Cards with Free Templates and Tutorial
- How to Upload SVG Files and Images To Cricut Design Space
- World of Rainbows – Free Rainbow SVG Cut Files