Recently I discovered some beautiful “hallmark-like” pop up flower bouquet cards online. I absolutely loved the look of them but as a crafter, my thoughts had me scheming how to DIY the project – just like I did last month with my new Floating Teacup Tutorial!
I received tons of requests inside my Facebook group for me to design a similar concept that could be handmade. Nine failed prototypes later, I finally came up with a design that worked.
In today’s tutorial, I will teach you how to make these pop-up flower cards. These pop-up flower cards are perfect for Mother’s Day or any occasion!
Sure, these pop-up cards may look less “perfect” than the store-bought ones, given I am not computer or machine manufacturing them. However, I still am happy with the results and I think you will be too!
The best part is these templates are completely free for a limited time! Be sure to download them inside my Freebie Vault.
Download the Free Pop-up Flower Card Templates
Download these free templates by signing up via the teal button below. If you are already a member, then login right here and find it in the Holiday or Cricut section. Remember to use the password you were given in the first email. Need help entering the vault? Read this helpful post here.
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore (PDF printables are included but I highly recommend using a Cricut)
- Tombow adhesive runner tape
- Inkjet printer – I use this HP printer
- Scoring wheel or scoring stylus
- Light grip Cricut mat (blue mat)
- Envelopes or use these pink ones! (optional)
- If you are cutting by hand then details scissors and an Exacto knife.
If you are new to Cricut let me encourage you to visit this post on uploading files. Additionally, downloading my Cricut Confidence ebook will also give you all the help you need to conquer your design space questions once and for all!
New to Cricut? Confused? Overwhelmed?
Download the Cricut Confidence ebook and SVG bundle – A Step by Step Guide to Confidently Mastering ALL Design Space Functions on Desktop, iOS and Android Devices!
How to Make Pop Up Flower Cards – Cricut Design Space Tips
- Importing the PNG images to Cricut Design Space will be the first step (there are PDF printables included for those who wish to cut by hand – I recommend having an Exacto knife on hand as well and detail scissors)
- Because we are working with PNG images here the sizes may need to be adjusted. Follow these measurements to ensure your success and watch the opening of the video here to see how to set everything up and why we need to mirror the pieces.
- One Bouquet Centerpiece 1 (mirrored 1x)- 6.062 W x 9.029 H inches
- One Bouquet Centerpiece 2 (mirrored 1x) – 6.062 W x 9.029 H inches
- Two Bouquet piece 3 (mirrored 2x) – 6.478 W X 5.296 H inches
- Two Bouquet piece 4 (mirrored 2x) – 6.433 W x 4.931 H inches
- Base wrap – 6.116 W x 2.302 H inches
Be sure to change the black outlines on the base wrap to Score under Linetype in Design Space.
Once you have downloaded the templates and are ready to get started, scroll down and click play to see how to make these beautiful pop-up flower cards that Mom or any loved one will appreciate!
DIY Pop-up Flower Cards Video Tutorial
About Abbi Kirsten Collections
I have spent the last 9+ years building my creative skills and sharing them with others. My flower designs are created with simplicity, color, and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet, be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies or visit my signature design shop here!
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.
More Crafts and Tutorials to Love
- Cricut Design Space How To – 16 Questions Every Cricut Beginners Asks
- How to Make Pop-up Flower Cards with Free Templates and Tutorial
- How to Upload SVG Files and Images To Cricut Design Space
- World of Rainbows – Free Rainbow SVG Cut Files
- Tangi App by Google – Grow Your Creative Skills with Short DIY Videos