Making cards at Christmas is a more personal and fun alternative to store-bought cards. There are loads of free Christmas card templates out there and today I am sharing several with you!
Today I am sharing with you four FREE Christmas card templates and teaching you how to use deco foil and Cricut party foil to make them look as beautiful as the expensive Hallmark cards! Your recipients will be shocked that these cards are handmade with the shimmer and shine the deco foil gives them.
During this holiday season, the blog is usually overflowing with Christmas crafts, like the new Custom Christmas Recipe Signs or my new free festive Crepe Paper Poinsettia Tutorial, so if you are in the mood for more cheerful Christmas Crafts check out the whole Home and Holiday section here.
Download Your Free Christmas Card Templates
Download these free templates by signing up via the form below. If you are already a member, log in right here and find it by searching ‘Christmas cards’ or Design #77. Need help entering the vault? Read this helpful post here.
DIY Christmas Card Supply List
- 65-80 cardstock (Craft Stash has some beautiful heavy cardstocks for card-making)
- Cricut party foil
- Deco foil
- Tombow clear liquid glue
- Basic laminator
- Laser printer (or send the free files to your local printer)
- Cricut cutting machine (or any cutting machine that works with SVG files)
- SVG & Printable Christmas Cards – Download all four of mine below via the form above You will be sent an email to create your personal password to the freebie vault and will find them under the holiday section or search ‘cards!’
Directions for Foil Christmas Card Template Assembly (scroll down for video)
- Print your card via the FREE printable PDF files. Alternatively, upload the SVG or PNG image file to Cricut and perform the Print Then Cut method.
- Heat up your laminator machine.
- Cut your card either with a straight cutter or your Cricut machine.
- Cut your deco foil to size to cover the printed image
- Place the deco foil over the printed image area and while holding the foil in place with your fingers run the deco foil/card together through the laminator.
- Peel your decor foil off to reveal the shimmery magic!
- If you wish to add additional colors, cut out other shapes in Cricut party foil and glue onto the card’s front.
- Enjoy your stunning DIY Christmas cards!
How to Make Deco Foil Christmas Cards Video Tutorial
About Abbi Kirsten Collections
I have spent the last 9+ years building my creative skills and sharing them with others. My flower designs are created with simplicity, color and crafty fun in mind. If you haven’t yet, be sure to join the subscriber community to gain access to all my freebies or visit my signature design shop here!
Want to join my Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.
More Holiday Crafts to Love
- DIY Paper Dahlia Flower Tutorial – Easy Pearl Center Dahlia
- DIY Paper Mistletoe: Deck the Halls with Christmas Kissing Balls
- Poinsettia Flower Mandala Christmas Cards Tutorial
- DIY Christmas Pop Up Shaker Cards – Templates and Tutorial
- How to Make Christmas Cards with Your Cricut Machine – Christmas Card Templates